The end

(By Saara Kanana)
 I was so used to being the one you loved,
The one you cared deeply for and,
The one you were so proud of. 
I was used to what we had,
Our happy forever.

I often ask myself whether I was drowning you,
With my expectations of you and,
Somewhere along the process you got tired,
And somehow freed yourself. 
 I failed to accept the change,
 And so it left me heartbroken,
Because I don't have my bestfriend anymore, 
A lover only.

You were imperfect but so perfect for me,
 Now I don't even know where to look when talking to you,
Because it is like you built this thick wall between us,
And I don't have a chance in. 
I was so deeply invested that I  didn't see the pages turning,
I didn't smell the candle's burning out,
I didn't hear your footsteps walking away, 
Because what I saw next was your footprints in the sand.
I guess this is where our journey ends.
The end 

Comments

  1. Interesting, can wait for the book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know who you talking about here. Love it sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always y... ou're talented sis, interesting piece 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daamn girl!!πŸ’―πŸ’«

    Who else finds this very much relatable ..??
    Keep up the good old work ManaπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

    #Jahbless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom