Mom

Strength

I have heard people define strength,
I searched for the definition of strength,
I could never find a right one,
I was never satisfied with what I found.

It was when I sat home,
And realized that I have always known strength,
I was always surrounded by it,
I spent my whole life with it.

It was always in front of me,
And I never realized,
I couldn’t read nor see the signs,
Therefore, I always looked past it.

The one that birthed me,
The one that raised me,
Who still carries me except, not a womb.
That for me is strength.

My strength comes with unending love,
It comes with daily motivation,
It provides me with constant courage,
In my strength, I find my lifetime best friend.

Nothing is worth repayment,
No words are worth enough appreciation,
I can only be thankful and grateful,
And I am,
I love you mom.

Comments

Post a Comment