Wake me up

Wake me up 

You asked me to believe in you,
I did
You asked me to trust you,
I did
You told me that you cared about me
And that you loved me
I believed

I believed you when you said you were not going to leave my side
That you will stay with me no matter what gets in the way
When you asked me to give you a piece of my heart, I gave you my whole


You gave me life and took it all away
I saw my life stumble right at my feet
When you shot me right through my heart with a shotgun
Breaking my heart in a thousand pieces
And stepping on my broken pieces as you walked away
With nothing left to pick myself up


I should have known you lied
I should have known you were a lie
I should have known you looked at me and lied through my eyes
I should have known you were playing games with me
I wish I had known all that I know now

Snap me out of it,
I'm dreaming someone wake me up
Tell me it will be all right,
That I had a bad day and it's just a bad dream.
Wake me up

Comments