Part 30

A Thousand Pieces

Alex left me with so many unanswered questions and confusions. He asked me to make a promise before he left, a promise that I didn't honour and I was starting to blame myself for not keeping my promise. He worked on being a better version of himself to best suit me and all I ever did after he left was destroy his memory. He was my imperfectly perfect creature made specially for me. Although he left me broken when he left, all he gave me before that was love and happiness. Maybe I can still be that happy girl I once used to be.

                         **********
Since it was still my birthday weekend, Samuel suggested that I join him and Tulinawa for a Sunday service. It will be good to start an additional year with blessings and I neededto give thanks too, he said. Samuel isn't just a cute face, he's a God-fearing man too and well-mannered. He is a kind of person any mother would like to have as a son or son-in-law.

Having spent the day with Samuel reminded me of the treasure I had and he made me realise that he's the kind of person I would like to spend the rest of my life with. Later that day when I was alone in my room I decided to write a letter to Alex which I believe will be the last one

Letter 8

Dear Alex

I was playing myself for not  waiting for you but I realised that what happened in the past is not my fault and I cannot take blame for something I do not have fault in.
I moved on from what seemed like eternity, our short fling like you would call it, I moved past all that and I suggest that you do the same.  Thanks to you, I'm now in a healthy relationship. Yes, I loved you once but you took your time to come back for me. I did things I never thought I would just to help me move on but I found happiness through that.
Goodbye Alex

Yours
Susan
                *********

I felt relieved the moment I sent the letter and he called as soon as he read it to appeal with me but my mind is made up, I'm staying with Samuel. Alex came by my room almost every day, begging me to give him one last chance but I couldn't just ruin what I have with Samuel for something that's not guaranteed.

                   ********
A few weeks since Alex came back, I gathered the strength to tell Samuel all about Alex and why I did what I did. He was upset at first but he later forgave me and things between us took a turn. We got closer and stronger than we have been before.

Samuel is the best mistake I have ever made and I would like to believe that meeting him was a blessing in disguise and he was right from the beginning, we are a perfect match made in heaven. I'm never letting go of him. I will love him to eternity.
                     ***********

Comments