Part 29

A thousand pieces

I felt the urge to run into his arms but I remembered that he is the same person that left me broken and never looked back. I stayed in bed and he came inside, he had a hamper full of everything he knew I liked. He asked if he wasn't going to get a hug, I looked at his face and the chest that has been my pillow for a while and I just couldn't resist, he is my first love after all.

I ran into his arms and he didn't want to let me go, I don't know how it happened but I started shedding tears, I fought him to let me go but he wouldn't

Alex: I know you are hurt and broken because of the way I left you but it was for the good of the both of us, I'm sorry.
I know that I should have called but it would have just complicated things more. I'm sorry Suzzie, would you please stop crying now? I have wronged you and I apologise for that.

After minutes of sobbing, he let me lay down and I took a nap. He was still there when I woke up and I just looked at him not knowing what to say or do.

Alex: I was here yesterday but you weren't in your room almost the whole day, I left after many hours of waiting. (Handing me the hamper) Happy belated birthday

Me: I don't know what you expect to hear from me but thank you for the present.

Alex: I know you probably thought that you were never going to hear from me ever again but I made a promise to you the last time we were together which I honoured

Me: It's a good thing you worked on yourself, I'm happy for you

Alex: Suzzie? I don't regret staying away because I only did it so that I can be a better person for you, so you can be with the kind of person you deserve, I'm sure for a fact that it wouldn't have lasted had we started back then but I promise you now that I'm a changed man, changed to best suit you. I'm here asking you to give me a chance, please?

Me: You disappear on me without checking up on me at least once in a while and you expect us to just pick up where we left off? It doesn't work like that Alex

Alex: I understand that I put you through a lot than I ever intended but I'm here now and I'm here to stay, I don't expect to pick up where we left off, I believe we can have something stronger than what we experienced before, we make a great team and you know that, please reconsider

Me: Look, I wasn't going to put my life on hold waiting for you and I hate to tell you that you are late but it's the truth

Alex: I know this is hard to take in at once and I'm not going to let you push me away, I won't give up on you but I will give you some time to digest all this. I love you Suzzie. (He left after saying that)

                                                       **********
Did he just say that he loves me? Well, if he does then where was he when I was at the lowest point of my life? Why did he stay away if he really loved me?

A part of me is really glad that he's willing to give us a chance and I'm also just happy that he came to see me. Oh! How I missed him. I know I said he was late but seeing him reminded me of all the good memories we created over our little thing and he left me wanting to be in his arms again.

 I wanted to call him back but I realised that he's only here to complicate my life and mess with my heart again. I still love him but I'm now inlove with Samuel.

I was finally settling down my life with Samuel and now that Alex is here, I don't know what to do
                                                  **********************

Comments