Part 18

A thousand pieces

I get in the car and guess who's sitting next to me? I have a silent smile because I haven't had something positive happen in my life for a while. Since I was still sad, I decided to take a nap and I didn't realise that I was actually sleeping because I woke up three hours later when we stopped at a service station for gas and refreshments. I didn't need to buy anything so I only used the bathroom and I was back before anyone else. As I stood there waiting for everyone, he approached me and as he was getting closer, I thought you myself "my day just got better". I love your dress, that was the first thing he said to me , as strange as it sounds he got me blushing. Well anyone would do the same upon hearing such from a cute guy who appears to be friendly and looks harmless. And because I was still admiring his cute lips, I forgot that he complimented me and I had to respond so he repeated what he said.

Me: Oh! Sorry, thank you  (all smiles)
Him: It's Samuel by the way
Me: Susan
Him: S S , it must be a match made in heaven
              ***laughs****

We connected instantly and I felt like I have fallen inlove right at that moment, I loved him already. The conversation continued throughout the long journey but it waa a bit strange that the only personal information we shared was our names, we talked of general issues starting from our country's economic crisis, the nature's beauty to relationships, even went far as talking about nowadays marriages and weddings. When I needed to sleep again, he offered a shoulder to lean on, who was I to deny that? And even if I wasn't going to sleep, I would probably pretend like I was so that I get a chance to lean on his broad shoulders.
I should admit that it felt good, something I've longed for in a while now. I'm going to love this guy, that's all I kept playing in my mind.
When we finally got to our destination, we exchanged numbers and he gave me a goodnight hug and oh! the comfort, I didn't want to part ways but well, it was time. I smiled all night and my friend thought it was annoying her.
     
       **that's how I met Samuel**

The trip brought so many positive vibes in my life so much that I was able to focus on my studies. Alex didn't contact me during the period I was busy with my end of year examinations and he did me a big favour because I could go at least two days without thinking about him. And although I still missed him, I didn't feel for him like I used to anymore, I don't get sad on Fridays when he should be with me and he is not. I think I have fallen out of love but maybe that's not true yet, all I know for sure is that I'm not that attached and attracted to him as before.

However, this only lasted during the time I was busy with exams because the day I  finished writing, I felt lonely again,  missing him and wanting him all over again. I wonder if he still know about me because I still think that he is breathtakingly amazing, that he is an imperfectly perfect creature for me and that he's the first of his kind that I ever came across to. So I decided to write him a letter and this time I'm going to send it to him.


Letter 6
Dear Stranger
Talking to you in person is much better than this but what can I do? It's less probable that I will see you again, you probably forgot about me and moved on with someone else, starting a new fling, leaving me behind, getting excited all over again, giving all that attention, flirting with her and creating new memories. Without me. You left me unexpectedly, stranded in the middle of a road with no idea where it leads, with no one to get me to the end of the finishing line and how. The way a paper swings in air when it's being thrown by the wind, it's exactly how I'm seeing my thoughts right now. I'm so lost, I got lost the moment you left, the moment I realised that I was bound to not see you again. But I miss you though

Yours
Your Suzzy

I took a picture of the letter and send it to him via watsapp.

          ****till next time****

Comments