Part 4

A thousand pieces

Part 4

Okay, okay Susan it’s enough now. I guess I must have been in his arms for a while for him to say that. I was so excited that I had even forgotten yesterday. He told me had a late flight, that’s why he couldn’t make it yesterday (remember, he is studying aviation). I didn’t even pay attention to that, I was just happy now that he is here. But to make up for that he offered to help me with the washing. What more could I ask for? That was more than enough. One hour after we started, he got a call to go pick up his niece from daycare. You can only imagine the disappointment on my face, I mean we were just starting with everything. The only thing I could do was to ask him to come back to me, to which he agreed.

I didn’t have a lot of things to wash therefore I was done before he was back and I went to my room to prepare lunch. I don’t want to say I’m a good cook but what can I say, it’s the compliment I get from everyone who is lucky to taste my food. I should however say that I love cooking and it is one of my strongest points (and maybe because I’m good at doing so).

He found me in the middle of cooking when he was back. I served him when I was done and when he finished he said “Okay, now your that request is valid and approved” (remember when I texted him that I would be his future wife). I played several songs including Shawn Mendes-treat you better, he commented to this, he said he can do that for me (treat me better than him). Too bad I didn’t have a boyfriend. We debated for a long time about that because I believe that since no one is perfect, no one will be able to treat someone better than anyone else. There will always be one thing a person does better than anyone else, the same applies to not doing something or worse at doing something. He however had a different opinion from mine. The talking left us all exhausted so we slept. I was up first so I decided not to wake him but rather get my clothes from the launderette for they must be dry by now. I was going to wake him up or at least that’s what I told myself on my way to the room. Just to get there to an empty bed, I looked for his car keys to no avail. He was gone. He left, he went without saying goodbye.

Comments