Part 11

A thousand pieces

Part 11

I don't usually do schoolwork on Fridays and I was so bored in my room so I decided to write him a letter.

Letter 2

Dear Mr
You wanted to know what the H means? I know you didn't believe the story I told you so I'm going to tell you the truth. Well, it means Handsome, because that's how I saw you the very first time we met. I cannot help myself to stop smiling when I think of all the moments we spent together, most of which are made up of laughter and good memories. You are so fun to be with, you make me laugh my lungs out. Most of the times when I lay on  your chest , I think about all that and how it had gotten to this, how I came to like you so much. I know there's still more I need to know about you but I feel so much close to you, close as in terms of my feelings for you. I want to tell you how I feel but I'm afraid that you will take advantage but I also have a feeling you know that I'm a bit obsessed with you. I hate that I can't have you and you can't have me either. But will it hurt trying us out? And do you think it might work though?

Yours
Obsessed me

I felt like I needed a shower so I went, I left the letter on the bed hoping to come hide it when I was done. The room wasn't locked when I got back and I know it must be Alex for he had my spare key which also means that he read the letter and it was late for me to turn back because I was already in the doorway.

Him: I know
Me: What do you know?
Him: That you are obsessed with me
Me: (as I stood there embarrassed  and not knowing what to say) What? How? When?
Him: I have known for a while now, I believe since that day we spent together before you left for holiday
Me: And you still let me spend time with you?
Him: What can I say, we are friends after all. And the H, I thought it was something you once said
Me: Which was?
Him: Me being your future husband
Me: LOL, you thought wrong on that

Him: Do you want to talk about it? The letter
Me: If you tell me what you were going to tell me yesterday, yes
Him: (clears his throat ) Oh! That? I will be a gentleman and let you go first.
Me: What's there for me to say? You already know that I have fallen for you and what I would want
Him: I have feelings for you too and I care about you a lot but you already know what kind of person I am

Me: What are you saying?
Him: I can't be with you if I care about you, I will only hurt you
Me: How is that?
Him: I will probably go back to my old ways, you are a good person and you don't deserve someone like me and although I would hate seeing you with someone else, I would hate myself more for hurting you
Me: We can make it work
Him: I know, but I'm not ready for commitment yet. If I have to try this out, I need to be ready and now, I'm not

I  was so happy when he said that he had feelings for me and what followed broke my heart, so much that I started shedding tears.
Him: I'm sorry but this for the best, for the two of us. Now please stop crying
Me: I will but I need to be alone now so if you don't mind, please close the door behind you.
Him: However you wish, just let me know when you are calm so we talk this through  (He gave me a forehead kiss and he was gone)

I cried myself to sleep that night, I just couldn't help it. I hate him for letting me fall for him when he knew had no intentionsof catching me.
        **************

Comments