Part 3

A thousand pieces
Part 3
I have been busy with mid-year exams so I couldn’t see my new friend. I wanted to see him one Friday after I finished writing but apparently he didn’t want to disturb my exam mode so I agreed to see him the day I finish writing which was two weeks away. I was sad but he was right. Since the day I last saw him, I couldn’t let myself to stop thinking about him. I don’t know what it is but I felt like I was starting to get attracted to him, the feeling was starting to grow everyday so much that I ended up texting him that I would be his future wife, he laughed to that and I thought it was odd and sexy at the same time. I’m normally not a person who would do something like that, even if it was a joke, I don’t know what got into me.
Since we already agreed that he will come see me the day I finish writing (a day that was known to him) and because of what I said to him the other day, I figured that he would be thinking that I’m attracted to him and though it is the truth, I didn’t want him to know or think that way. I decided that I will just stay in my room and wait for him to show up so I cleaned my tiny hostel room and packed everything neatly. I waited for about four hours, it was starting to get late and he still wasn’t here. I was sad but I wasn’t going to break my promise to not text him.

When it was finally 21H00, I realized that I wasn’t going to see him so I closed my door sadly and I went to bed. I couldn’t get myself to sleep, I kept wondering if maybe he was busy or he just didn’t want to see me. But why wouldn’t he want to see me? The thought of him not wanting to see me put me down. I was planning on doing laundry the following day thus that at least motivated me to sleep. I was up by 8 a.m. I checked my phone just to see if anyone remembered me and to my surprise Alex did. “I’m on campus to say hi to you, I am waiting downstairs for you to wake up”. The text read, I didn’t even reply or closed my door, I rushed downstairs.

Comments